10. Pay extra for a premium domain name and then leverage it across all of your marketing (online and offline).
9. Price your services for yourself, not your clients. You’re a top-notch professional with a long and proven track record… you are not a commodity.
8. Stay organized. Keep your desk and desktop neat and orderly.
7. Keep track of your time! It is by far your most valuable possession.
6. Take LOTS of notes on everything your clients and prospects say. The best ideas are often found between the lines.
5. Do not be afraid to fire a client. Bad clients waste your time and make you feel awful… even when you’re doing a great job.
4. Take time off for yourself, your family, and your friends. They’re all that really matters.
3. Set goals, “I will get these things done this week, this month, this year, in two years, in five years.”
2. Be honest and straightforward with everyone. BS will follow you relentlessly and it wastes everyone’s time.
1. Never stop learning! Twelve years as an SEO professional and I still don’t know everything.